2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 small Onion, peeled and finely diced
130g Baby Spinach Leaves
125g Ricotta Cheese
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 Chicken Breasts
4 rashers Streaky Bacon
8 Vine Tomatoes
2 cups Chicken Stock
4 medium Potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 clove Garlic, peeled and chopped
¼ cup Sour Cream
2 tsp chopped Chives
1 tsp Salt, extra
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Heat the first measure of olive oil in a frypan and sauté the diced onion for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the spinach leaves and cook gently, stirring until the leaves have wilted and are bright green.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Drain the spinach and squeeze out any excess moisture. Fold in the ricotta and season to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Make a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast and stuff with the spinach and ricotta mixture. Wrap each chicken breast in a rasher of bacon to hold in the stuffing.
- Place the chicken breasts in a roasting tray. Place the tomatoes around them and swirl over the extra olive oil. Pour the chicken stock around the chicken breasts and tomatoes and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked and juicy and the bacon is crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes with the garlic in plenty of boiling, salted water until they are tender. Drain well and mash the potatoes and garlic together with the sour cream. Fold through the chives and season to taste.
- Serve the chicken breasts on a bed of the creamy potato mash and garnish with the roasted tomatoes.