PREPARATION: 15 mins plus cooling time
COOK: 20 mins
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1.5kg golden kumara, scrubbed, cut into 3cm cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 spring onions, white and green parts sliced diagonally
1⁄3 cup coriander leaves
150g spinach leaves
150g golden sultanas
a handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon runny honey
1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1⁄2 teaspoon mild curry powder
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the red onion in a bowl and cover with cold water.
- Set aside.
- Toss the kumara with the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange on an oven tray in a single layer then roast for 20 minutes or until tender and crisp around the outsides.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Drain the onion and toss together with the spring onions and coriander.
- Put the spinach leaves on a platter then top with the kumara and onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with the sultanas.
- Put the mint, garlic, honey, mustard, curry powder, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl.
- Whisk to combine then drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.